Terms & Conditions
1.1 When you place an order you confirm that all details provided are accurate and you have permission to provide them. You enter a contract with GMJ Dance Gear when you place an order. Payment will be taken when the order is processed. You will receive an email confirming your order. Please check all details are correct, including ordered items and address details. Should you need to amend your order, please contact Customer Services on 07768 772048
1.2 To place an order through the site you must be 18 years old and have valid card details to a registered bank.
You can place an order using a debit/credit card by creating a secure account or checking out as a guest.
We occasionally carry out random security checks. This is to ensure that no one uses your data without your consent, or with a stolen or duplicated card. In this instance, we will contact you to request the relevant documentation in order to proceed with your order. We thank you for your patience and understanding of this procedure.
1.4 If you want to add additional items to your order after placing it, please contact Customer Services on 07768 772048 (this is dependent on the status of your order). You would have to place a new order through the website.
Some of our dance shoes come in European or American sizes which we convert into English sizing’s. The size you ordered may not match the size on the box, but it is the correct converted size. Please try on both shoes to check the fit.
2.1 Move works hard to keep the Site and stock levels up to date. In the event that an item(s) you have ordered is out of stock, we will place an order with our suppliers and ship it to you as soon as possible, with no additional shipping charges. The available items in your order will be shipped to you as normal.
2.2 GMJ Dance Gear reserves the right to reject or cancel any orders, in the event of:
- Product out of stock / discontinued
- Incorrect address
- Incorrect billing information
- Fraudulent activity
- Errors on the website
- Force majeure
3.1 At the present time orders are only accepted for collection at the dance studio.
4. Returning Goods
4.1 Our Returns Policies and Your Statutory Rights
UK retail customers
You may return eligible items for a refund of the goods within 28 days of receipt of the products. Please check your items are eligible for return (see below section 4.3) and follow the returns process set-out below. Orders where all items are returned within 14 days of receipt are additionally eligible for refund of standard delivery charges (under the Consumer Contract Regulations, formerly Distance Selling Regulations) please request this statutory entitlement. The cost of returning unwanted items is born by you, but you may use our subsidised returns mail services. Faulty or incorrect items returns costs will be paid for by us.
4.2 What Items Can You Return
- Unwanted goods in an unworn state, labels attached and with original packaging.
- Tights and underwear in its original unopened packaging, not worn or tried on.
- CDs and DVDs must be in their original sealed packaging.
Not eligible for return:
- For hygiene reasons, we are unable to accept tights and underwear back for refund or exchange if the packaging has been opened.
- Weissman brand costume products are not eligible for return, except where faulty (where replacement or refund options would be offered). We will try to accommodate changes for sizes - please contact customer services for details.
- All genuinely faulty items are eligible for return regardless of retail or teacher customer status, custom made orders, underwear, tights or otherwise ineligible.
4.3 How To Return Items
Please use the please telephone 07768 772048 to register your return before sending any items back to us.
Sending items back
When returning your item(s) for a refund, the amount will be credited back to the original payment method.
How long to process a return?
Your returns will be received and processed within 10 business days (UK) or 15 (Europe and Worldwide). If you return your order via a priority service, we will not be able to process it as a priority.If you are due a refund, the funds will be available in your account within 3-5 business days. Paypal funds will be available immediately after processing your return.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
5.1 Price and VAT
- On the Site, prices are displayed with or excluding VAT.
- VAT will be applied to all transactions at the time of purchase and will be clearly visible in your shopping cart and on the checkout page. If you have a VAT number you can claim VAT at your tax office.
This policy states how GMJ Dance Gear uses and protects the data you provide to us when you use our site.
We treat all data that you provide us as confidential and only use and keep it in line with the rules detailed in the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will never sell any data about you to any third party. We may pass data about you to third parties but only for a specific purpose as described in this policy document, for example to create a shipping label. In such cases we will only pass the relevant data that is required for the purpose.
The sections below will explain more about the data we collect, how we use it and how you can have access to it.
We may need to make changes to this policy from time to time by updating this page and we would invite you to consult this page periodically to ensure that the changes are acceptable to you.
The personal data that we keep about you
We only collect information that you willingly provide and give your consent to. There is no legal requirement for you to provide any information to us, but some information is necessary if you want to do any of the following:
- Place an order.
- Sign up for our newsletters, promotional materials and other services.
- Enter prize draws/competitions.
- Take part in a survey (in this instance your details will be passed to a third party for research purposes only and this third party is bound by the same Data Protection legislation that we are).
- Give us feedback.
The details you provide may include:
- Your name
- Your address
- Billing information
- Your telephone number
- Your email address
- Your preferences and interests
- Your answers to customer surveys
- Your response to promotional offers
- How you engage with Move Dance social media accounts
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary and consistent with the purpose for which you have given it to us. For practical purposes this means that we will keep order contact information and order details indefinitely.
When you use our website, we may collect, store and use the following:
- Information about your PC and your visits to our website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, where you came from to our website, the length of your visit and the number and types of pages viewed.
We use this information to monitor the website and improve its performance and our service to you.
- Information about any purchases that you make on our website.
We use this information to fulfill your orders and to communicate with you about your order when necessary. If you provide us with your debit or credit card details, we will give you the choice to record them securely so that you use them when you next purchase for your convenience.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and allowing us to send you email notifications and/or promotional information.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of signing up for our newsletters, promotional information and competitions.
How we collect data about you
The information that we collect from and about you is gathered in the following ways:
- Through placing an order where you enter your details.
- During the newsletter signup process.
- When you create an account with us.
- When you engage with us through social media channels such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter Youtube, Pinterest, Linkedin etc.
- From information supplied by your web browser when you visit our site, such as your IP address, browser type and device type.
- From advertising campaigns where you click on advert links which direct you to our site.
Disclosure of your personal data
We never sell your personal data to anyone.
We may however share your data with third parties, each of whom will treat your data as confidential and will use it solely for the purposes agreed. The data provided to any third party will be the minimum required by them for the purposes it is supplied. Your data may be shared for some or all of the reasons below:
Correspondence with you
- Delivery of your order.
- For settlement of transactions and fraud prevention purposes we will pass certain details on to banks and/or other payment providers.
- To allow third party suppliers to provide services to us which depend on this data, for example newsletter emails, market analysis, creation of shipping labels, competitions.
- If we have a legal duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- To allow third party suppliers to create and serve adverts to you, run marketing campaigns and analyse the results.
We often communicate with our customers to keep them up to date with information about our products, new ranges, competitions and promotions. We do this primarily via email and social media.
At any point in time you have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for such purposes and you can ask us to stop sending this information at any time.
If you are an account holder you can change your preferences in your account settings. On all email correspondences there is an 'unsubscribe' link which you can click on to stop receiving all such emails from us. This link appears on emails to all recipients so you don't have to have an account to control your receipt of such correspondence.
Storage of your personal data
When collecting your data through our website we will always use Secure Server Technology (SSL-128 bit encryption) to ensure industry standard security of your data during transmission.
When you choose to store credit card details in your account with us we do not store these details on our systems but use bank and/or payment gateway services which have the necessary higher security levels for storing this sensitive financial data.
Access to your data on our systems is secured within our data centre and protected from external access by any unauthorised person.
When you have created an account you are responsible for keeping your password safe and for not divulging it to anybody else.
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the UK and the European Economic Area. It may be processed by employees operating outside the UK and European Economic Area who work for us or for our third party suppliers. These employees or third parties may be engaged in the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. We will ensure an adequate level of data protection, for example by means of a contract incorporating the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission to ensure your information continues to be treated in accordance with applicable law.
By submitting your personal information on our website, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing or your data as described above.
Your rights to your data
If you have an account then once you are logged in you can access your personal data and amend or delete certain elements, such as your saved payment details.
In accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation we will on request provide you with the data that we hold about you and additionally will amend or remove that data in accordance with your instructions.
As a logged in user you have access to all the data that we hold about you and are able to check and amend it.
Please note that we can only remove data which is not required for the processing of any orders you place through our website.